Enlisted are the best tackle storage and kayak fishing crates that help the anglers to keep their stuff in an organized manner.
Modern fishing kayaks offer many storage spaces like center consoles and storage galore to the paddlers for storing heavy fishing rods, accessories, and other items. But as we all know that extra space creates a mess and also leads to loose gear that is dangerous for paddlers.
In this case, best tackle storage and kayak fishing crates are there to solve this problem by providing much-needed storage capacity for organizing fishing equipment and other items.
Decent tackle storage and kayak fishing crates are essential needs for those anglers who want to stay neat, clean, and well organized before and during kayak fishing. These fishing crates are highly durable with a large storage area having a waterproof lid for protecting the inner content from water and rain.
Moreover, these crates are lightweight and highly portable that can be carried easily. Here is the list of the best tackle storage and kayak fishing crates that you can choose according to your needs and requirements.
Top Picks Tackle Storage And Kayak Fishing Crates
1. Plano PLAB88140 Weekend Series Kayak Crate – Fishing Crate For Kayak
If you are searching for a spacious and soft-sided storage case for kayak fishing then the Plano weekend series is one of the best purchasing options available in the market. This medium-sized bag has a lot of interior space with center dividers required for holding quite a bit of stuff.
This storage bag is crafted with high-quality material which makes it highly durable and waterproof. Straps, sturdy zipper, and latches make the crate more strengthened and sturdy.
The four-panel design facilitates the anglers to customize it according to their needs and requirements. The panels are removable and can be adjusted easily. The interior space of the bag has further two sections of bulk storage while the side panels can be used as firm carry handles. The lid along with an added zipper pocket increases the area for storage. Furthermore, PVC rod holders make it easy for the anglers to attach the crate easily.
Being lightweight, this kayak crate is highly portable and can be carried easily from one place to another. This minimalistic designed crate has air mesh straps along with a well-padded and highly cushioned back that is suitable for loading various items easily. This kayak crate which is specifically designed to fit inside the milk crate will help the angler to maximize the kayak fishing experience while providing the convenience of storage.
Plano is the best tackle storage and kayak fishing crate that is highly durable and lightweight. The tackle bag is made of high-quality material that makes it tear-resistant and waterproof. Furthermore, the interior of the bag is spacious and is equipped with two large dividers.
These dividers can be adjusted according to the storage requirements of the anglers. With the help of PVC rod holders, the angler can attach the crate easily anywhere.
2. Okeechobee Fats Fisherman Deluxe Tackle Bag – Best Tackle Box For Kayak Fishing
This kayak fishing crate is the best option for beginners as it is lightweight and highly portable. This tackle bag is made of high-quality material that is super soft, having an ability to handle basic wear and tear. It also has waterproof properties that keep the inside contents dry and safe from water. While talking about the exterior of the bag, it is made of mesh which makes it sturdy and tough.
The best part of this tackle bag is that it is lightweight and can be transported easily from one place to another. Furthermore, this storage bag comes with padded straps and convenient carrying handles along with soft sidewalls that make it suitable for adjusting into small spaces.
This storage bag comes in medium size that has one large main compartment that can hold upto eight utility boxes. As the dividers and organizers are absent, the angler can fill the whole space with a lot of stuff.
Moreover, the bag is further equipped with many other spaces including two small and large side zippered pockets, two small mesh pockets on the front side, and wide rear zippered mesh pockets along with a well-padded shoulder strap. Okeechobee tackle bags are the best highly durable bags that serve the anglers for a longer time period. As it is available in an affordable price range, it is the best option for beginners to opt for.
This tackle bag is the best purchasing option for beginners as it is lightweight and portable. The bag is made of high-quality material which makes it tear-resistant and waterproof. This medium-sized bag has a large main compartment that can hold up to many items.
Moreover, the bag has two small and large zippered pockets and a well-padded shoulder strap for easy carrying of the bag. Therefore, it is the best tackle storage and kayak fishing crate.
3. Wilderness Systems Kayak Crate – 4 Rod Holders
This is another best, highly durable, and well-constructed kayak crate available on the market. This crate is made of high-quality hard molded plastic which makes the exterior more tough, durable, and hard. Along with this, it is also equipped with tight close lids that protect the inside content from rain and water splashes and keep them dry. The most significant feature of this crate is the adjustable position rod holder.
The angler simply can adjust the height of the rods accordingly and can fit into tighter spots. While talking about the storage space, the inside of the crate has one main large compartment that can fit the whole items into one space easily. Now the angler can keep their cell phones and other important items inside the crate due to inner waterproof space. The overall size of the crate is larger and is suitable for storing heavy items.
Furthermore, the small compartment of this kayak fishing crate is covered with a waterproof lid for further protection of the inside content from the water. Apart from this, it comes with four-rod holders that are present at the side of the crate, which helps in its easy installation. With the easy adjustment, this crate is the best option for professionals as it keeps the gear dry and cool by offering more protection.
The Wilderness system kayak crate is another best purchasing option for professionals as it is loaded with many beneficial features. Being well constructed, the crate is made of molded high-quality plastic that makes its exterior tougher and highly durable.
The upper short compartment is covered with a waterproof lid that protects the inner content from water splashes and rain. Moreover, the inner compartment has large storage space and is easy to adjust.
Factors To Be Considered While Buying Best Tackle Storage And Kayak Fishing Crates
One of the most important factors that should be considered while buying the best tackle storage and kayak fishing crates is durability. Kayak fishing involves heavy equipment, accessories, and sharp hooks that can cause damage too.
In this case, the durability of the tackle bag is very important along with thick wall sides for protecting the inner contents and making it tear-resistant. Apart from this, the slick interior and the removable liner is also important to factor too.
This is another most important and significant factor that needs to be focused on while buying fishing crates. The best quality bag, crafted with high-quality fabric, having waterproof properties is considered to be the best purchasing option for professional anglers.
Being waterproof, If the bag comes in contact with water or rain, the exterior should get wet while the interior lining of the bag should protect and save the inner items from water splashes and rain.
The portability of the fishing crates is one of the most significant factors that need to be considered while buying the best fishing crates. Lightweight crates are easy to handle and can be carried easily. But portability comes in the case of compact-sized crates.
Before buying, you need to decide whether you want compact-sized crates with high portability and lightweight, or large-sized crates as they are highly durable but not lightweight and portable. Portable and lightweight crates are best suitable for beginners.
4. Storage Size
The storage size of the fishing crate is the main and most important factor that needs consideration. The large-sized crates with inner main spacious compartment having many dividers can store many items.
Apart from this, having D-rings, easy access, and slip-holders will help the anglers to keep their heavy fishing equipment and accessories in an organized form. Also, the outer small pockets should be there for holding small accessories and items.
1. Where do you put the fish you catch from the kayak?
The fish that you catch during kayak fishing can be stored in a special watercooler, or in the hatch and on the deck. Most of the kayaks have the following three main options for storing the fish include hatch, deck, and water-coolers.
2. What kind of fish you can catch in a kayak?
Bass is one of the most common species for kayak fishing. For catching bass, you need to put together the tackle box consisting of lures as they will help in catching bass easily.
3. How hard is kayak fishing?
Efficient kayak anglers require the handling of paddles with one hand. As balancing is very important, developing the skill of handling paddles effectively can make kayak fishing much easier.
4. What is the most stable fishing kayak?
The well-known brand called The lifetime Kayak Fishing is considered to be the best brand as they offer the lightest and long keel kayaks in the market that are highly durable as well.
Tackle storage and kayak fishing crates are some of the key essentials for those paddlers and anglers who want to keep their fishing equipment and other items neat and in an organized form. These crates have a highly sturdy and durable exterior along with a waterproof lid that keeps the inner items dry and safe from water and rain.
Furthermore, these crates have a large storage area with removable and adjustable panels, facilitating the anglers to adjust the space according to their needs and requirements. Have a look on are our top two recommended best tackle storage and kayak fishing crates for getting a better purchasing idea.
- Plano PLAB88140 Weekend Series Kayak Crate has a large spacious inner with a waterproof lid.
- Wilderness Systems Kayak Crate | 4 Rod Holders has a highly durable exterior and is easy to adjust and maintain.
- This CratePak easily set's-up and encapsulates your stand 13" x13" milk crate Allowing better organized tackle management. (milk crate is not...
- Your cratepak includes an integral 3 rod holder set. has multiple tool/accessories pockets on 3 sides and top cover.
- D-rings for tools/lanyard attachment. And an adjustable holder for light or flag. - place a milk crate on flat surface - slide Cratepak over and down...
- Size : 13"L x 13"W x 15.25" H
- Plano Tackle Storage | Protecting your passion since 1952 | The ultimate kayak tackle box | Dimensions at widest points: 25" L x 16" W x 18" H |...
- Unique V-shape provides easy side access - especially for those with limited mobility. Each side holds two stowaway utility boxes | Angled fit and...
- Side rail system easily attaches rod holders and other accessories - Rod holders are not included
- Waterproof compartment in base secures valuables | Compact, elevated base (milk crate size) fits most kayak models - attaches to Kayak | Base...
- Unit hinges backward to accommodate low clearance | Made in USA
- Dimension: The EXOCRATE is specially made to accommodate any standard milkcrate 13 in. x 13 in. It can also be used without a crate due to the panels...
- Strong And Durable: This is a tough 1200D polyester material that is both UV and salt water resistant. The EXOCRATE offer you an exceptional long term...
- Easy To Carry: This fishing bag is equipped with two rope handles and a removable adjustable padded shoulder strap. This makes it comfortable,...
- Fishing Features: The EXOCRATE includes two fishing rod holders with drainage holes. Equipped with a lined storage compartment with heavy duty zipper...
- Convenient: A reflective logo is included for better visibility and loops to help secure the fishing bag to your kayak.
- KAYAKING EQUIPMENT BAG: Whether you need a place to carry your fishing rod, a pouch for your pliers, or a pocket for your tackle box and other...
- WATER RESISTANT CANVAS: This waterproof bag has a water-resistant 1200 denier coated canvas that keeps your stuff dry and away from water. It comes...
- HEAVY-DUTY ZIPPER: The lined storage compartment of the bag is secured with a heavy-duty zipper that safely keeps your items inside. You can easily...
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: The size of this mesh bag is 83” (210 cm) and with its multiple pockets store all your necessary equipment. It also has two...
- CALCUTTA OUTDOORS: A leading manufacturer of consumer products for the outdoor sports and recreation market providing performance-driven products,...
- Plano Tackle Storage | Protecting your passion since 1952 | Dimensions: 14.5"L x 10"w x 11"H. | Includes: Four 3700 Series StowAway Utility Boxes |...
- Molded top holds one stowaway secured by elastic bungee for quick access | TPE coating surrounds bag with water-resistant protection
- Waterproof base with elevated, rubber feet | Waterproof pocket specially sized for cell phone, wallet, etc.
- MOLLE attachment points offer additional storage options | Utili-Tackle Rail System includes 34 accessory attachment points, plus tie-down slots...
- Large mesh back pocket and compartmentalized front pocket
- Plano Tackle Storage | Protecting your passion since 1952
- 3700XL Plano Guide Series line of Tackle Bags features a hard-backed construction of rugged 1680 Denierfabric. The sturdy material will hold its color...
- XL Guide Series Premium Tackle Storage Features: Integrated Rod Holders & Back pack straps that can be hidden out of the way | Dropzone Magnetic top...
- The 3700XL Series includes (7) 3750 Stows & (3) 3650 Stows for premium tackle organization | Molded base with non-skid TPR over molded pads...
- Non-skid TPR over molded foot pads will keep the Guide Series tackle back from sliding around your boat | Dropzone Top employs extra-strong magnets...
- FREEDOM FROM THE NORM BY DESIGN: Purposefully engineered for the yaker, not the milkman, the Tuff Krate provides a lightweight tackle storage solution...
- KAYAK STORAGE SOLUTION: With universal krate-to-kayak tie-down ports, The Tuff Krate features 5 rugged HDPE panels that quickly and easily snap...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Rugged but lightweight HDPE construction includes shock-cord stays at the opening for securing contents in the event of a flip...
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A: Since 1947, Flambeau Outdoors' tackle storage solutions have been trusted by America's anglers as the tackle systems that...
- Sport type: Outdoor Lifestyle
- A customizable kayak crate to keep your gear organized and dry for both fishing and overall use
- Compatible with most sit-on-top kayaks that have a stern or rear tank well (open storage area)
- Removable lid for wide open access; one hand lid latch to secure your gear inside
- Internal capacity to fit seven (7) 3700 Plano boxes or thirteen (13) 3600 Plano boxes
- Easy to modify and can be outfitted with Perception Splash Rod Holders and Splash Pocket Organizers (sold separately)
- 4 pockets - measures 6.5" w x 8" H
- Versatile installation
- Bungee ball Latching system
- Easy-draining, Fast-Drying and snag-free
- Sport type: kayaking
- 【High Quality and Durable】- Made of the high quality nylon, lightweight, durable and very strong to use. Can be used with confidence
- 【Large Capacity】- This Kayak canoe storage bag with large capacity and diversity, you can put some small things together
- 【Unique Design】- Each with unique compartments, keep you items in order. Mesh ventilation,easy-draining, fast-Drying, no burden to carry
- 【Durable Buckle】- A strong buckle, no jamming, smooth and easy to buckle
- 【Service】- If you have any questions about this product, please feel free to consult us, and we will reply you immediately